Thankfully the constant random nonstop talking days are replaced now mainly thanks to headphones and playlists . We ALWAYS tried to encourage the habits to be age appropriate….. he KNEW he was uncomfortable but NOT how to cover that- he now does 🙂 Hxx
Why do I get hyperactive or in a socially awkward situation and start talking like mad…
Well, I’ll start off by saying that I’m ALWAYS a bit hyper – i keep moving my hands, tapping, or feet, or fidget. Anyone who knows me knows that. It’s part of my personality. I may as well have it written on my ID.
”Fionn Hamill. 12 years old. Hyper so watch out.”
When i am hyper…i don’t behave badly!
I just need to MOVE and if i am in a position where i can’t move, i TALK!
- loads and loads of random questions and my mouth races –
- i talk really really fast!
- i get a bit clumsy and can fidget
- or move too much in my chair,
- sometimes fall off my chair,
- or drop stuff like pens
- …once i dropped my cornet!
But there is reasons usually, why I’m hyper, but sometimes I’m just really hyper.
But here are the reasons for why I get hyper…
1- if I’m excited about something.
2- if I’m glad that something has happened.
3- if I take lots of sweets and lots of coke.
4- if I’m doing something new
These are the ones that everybody gets hyper about, and here’s for the ones that I think only aspies encounter.
- if I’m worried about something. If I’m worried about something, like if there’s a row at home, I’ll always ask LOADS of questions. But then mum, will always say, ‘ fionn shhhh. Don’t be worried. Me and dad were just arguing over something little, but we don’t hate each other.’ Which makes me quiet. ER
- if a room is quiet. If like we’re having dinner, and there is no conversation, I’ll ask something like” who saw the liverpool game?” Or ” what’s your favourite chocolate and why?” It sometimes work, but usually doesn’t.
I’m always hyper. And I love it. Most the time anyway
and Mum and Dad point it out to me and sometimes
then i can go listen to my quiet music
or I can let off steam by kicking a ball off a wall
or i spin a few times – call it helicopters
or sometimes a HUGE squish helps
By fionn 🙂 🙂
(Sent from my iPad)