“Thank you mum and dad for helping me with the revision for my exams, You are so kind .Am really doing well amn’t I?”
he THANKS us for doing what parents do for children.
he assumes nothing.
it’s quite breathtaking.
after discovering innovative ways of DOING revision with Fionn, he has finished his exams – in house year 8 Christmas tests…
you have to become a creative thinker…each subject needs different slant on it.
- French done by IT
- Irish descriptors – acted out …in the schollbag, under the table…
- Religion – scatter diagrams
- Music – acronyms..BNB – Big Noisy Butts – BossaNova Brazil…
- Science…think it through – dont try to remember…try to think why?
- Geography- maps challenge on blank maps with dad
- History- chronology games with dad.
- Maths – draw out a table for conversion at the top of page yhen break process into steps..
he may NEVER instinctively know these things, but when we figure out HOW he learns best, we can help…and its out DUTY to help. This is our role – not something the school can do.
But his personality NEVER assumes your help and ALWAYS is surprised and so grateful when he realises the value of it…
what a beautiful way to think.